Located under the watchful shadow of the massive Stawamus Chief, Valleycliffe is Squamish’s most southerly residential neighbourhood. In the 1920s, the area was once prized logging land, but today it is a quiet and quaint scenic area offering a true small town feel, with a variety of real estate options. The tree-lined neighbourhood features mostly single-family homes in a mix of styles, as well as several townhomes and apartment complexes.
Climbing enthusiasts will find their paradise in Valleycliffe with its sheer Smoke Bluffs, as well as the neighbourhood’s proximity to the base of the Stawamus Chief’s more than 300 climbing routes. The area also offers biking and hiking trails, as well as rivers, creeks and steams for fishing. You will also find several key amenities here including an authentic neighbourhood pub, convenience store, hair salon and more. With three elementary schools, Valleycliffe also features a variety of education options for families.
- Valleycliffe Elementary (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Cedar Valley Waldorf School (Pre-school to Grade 8)
- Sea-to-Sky Learning Connections
- Pub and convenience store
- Hair salon
- Climbing at the Smoke Bluffs and proximity to the base of the Stawamus Chief
- Hiking at Shannon falls
- Hiking or biking in the Crumpit Woods